In Medicon Valley, the Danish/Swedish life-science cluster in the Øresund region, there are strong and internationally recognized competencies within screening, genetics and immunology in type 1 diabetes as well as related autoimmune diseases.
DiaUnion was created in 2020 to bring these competencies together in a center of excellence with the aim of researching the development of therapies for the prevention and intervention of type 1 diabetes and related autoimmune diseases. This will reduce the burden on patients and at the same time the cost to society.
- Daniel Agardh, Principal Investigator, Adjunct Professor, MD
- Åke Lernmark, Principal Investigator, Senior Professor
- Markus Lundgren, Co-Investigator, Chief Physician, DMSc
- Johan Svensson, Co-Investigator, Chief Physician, DMSc
- Alexander Lind, PhD, Postdoc
- Maria Scherman, PhD Student, MD
- Flemming Pociot, Principal Investigator, Professor, Research Leader, DMSc
- Jesper Johannesen, Co-Investigator, professor, Chief Physician, DMSc
- Julie Hviid Klæbel, PhD, Postdoc
- Naba Hassan Al-Sari, PhD, Postdoc
- Sara Juul Mansachs, PhD Student
- Finn Stensbjerg Kristensen, Program Director, DiaUnion, B.Sc., MBA